When everybody can help in someway, we all take more ownership in the world around us. It is our intent to make the process of organizing an event and packaging food simple enough for people of all ages and abilities to get involved. Whether you are collecting donation, hanging posters, or scooping rice, every thing you do helps to MAKE A DIFFERENCE!
To see our students learn and understand that this meal will be a welcome sight to others their age will leave a lasting impression on their minds. Perhaps they will read a similar article with a little more interest and empathy.
5 Ways to Help Right Now
- Check our Events section for a scheduled event near you, and then mark a few hours off your own calendar to help package food.
- Request a packet of information to help you or your organization get started planning your own food packaging event.
- Make a donation of any amount to help purchase food. 100% of donations to Food for Kidz goes toward food.
- Use the “Sharing is Caring” button (below) to share this page with your friends and invite them to join you in empowering change across the street and around the world.
- “Like” us on Facebook, join the conversation, and share your stories of making a difference.
“As we all know, much more is learned from an experience than a book or a lecture. Children are naturally concerned about one another, and we heard many comments from children who were glad to be helping those their age who were MUCH less fortunate. To see our students learn and understand that this meal will be a welcome sight to others their age will leave a lasting impression on their minds. Perhaps they will listen to a discussion on world hunger or read a similar article with a little more interest and empathy….What a great day for the Dover-Eyota school district!” ~Bruce A. Klaehn, Superintendent of Schools