One scoop at a time, each meal needs to be packaged with precision and care. It’s volunteers, willing to scoop, measure, and weigh who have helped package and feed millions of people around the world. Two hours of measuring ingredients and visiting with friends turns into so much more, when it’s amplified by more volunteers, more two hour time increments, and thousands of meals ready to ship!
Never under-estimate the power of one person to make a difference. That’s why each First Wednesday of the Month we offer a consistent packing event for those who can give of their time and get involved with Food for Kidz in meaningful ways.
Why help package food on the first Wednesday of each month?
- If you participated in a recent event and want to do it again right away and continue helping, rather than waiting for the next event to get organized.
- If you are not part of an organization or club that is large enough to schedule your own packing event
- You want to bring a child to try it for the first time and show them what a meaningful experience it is.
- You are looking for a way to give back and volunteer locally, for a few hours or as many as you’d like.
- To experience the process and learn, so you can better prepare and organize for your own upcoming food packing event.
- A small group you are a part of wants a hands-on learning experience or service project.
- Service learning opportunity for small youth groups or homeschool cooperatives to teach: world issues, social studies, geography, health and nutrition.
- You are planning a mission trip abroad and will be somewhere that Food for Kidz food is received; it’s good to experience the complete process from beginning to end.
Your donation of $32.40, together with your willingness to work will not only feed a child for 7 months, but also provide the protein and nutrition to function and thrive like never before.
YOUR help is needed!
First Wednesday of Each Month
Hwy 212 East
Shift One: 4pm to 6pm
Shift Two: 6pm to 8pm
* Watch for occasional date changes depending where the 1st Wednesday of the Month lands on the calendar!